Monday, April 2, 2012

THE LONG HAUL

Hello and thank you all for reading thus far. I am going to try and recover, and begin posting again. This article is going to be about two things.... Politics and people.

Allow me to begin that in all of my posts, I have made a real effort to express myself without spin. I mean what I say, and say what I mean. I try hard to choose the right words to express myself, and often, because I am honest, I get grief. I expect it. I want to encourage dialogue. Right or wrong, right or left I want to shake things up and remind people that their words, actions and morality is effecting everything around them. Now onward and upward my fellow citizens.

I need to say that this years race for the presidency seems to be lacking spice from the previous races. Maybe its because what I see unfolding is a sad commentary to this country. I want it to be exciting, but really, Romney vs. Obama? Jeeeez. Like chewing on cardboard. Lets begin before I reveal my true purpose here.

First Barak Obama. Now I do not really care about the arbitrary mud slinging. The reality of his presidency is what I am commenting on. It is not at all what I expected when I pulled that lever 3 1/2 years ago. What did I expect? Very simply; change. I gave my vote based on what I was told in a very JFK way. I was told it was the end of big business dominating. I was told we were bringing our boys home, I was told that health care was going to get turned around. I was told this country was being given back to its people. I was ripped off.

I gave him the first year to acclimate, because he walked into a room full of ninjas with the lights out, and he was unarmed. As it turns out, he intentionally stayed there crying poor me, its not my fault, while shoving half assed ideas down the public's throat. Why didn't he go after BP like a pit bull? because they were major campaign contributors. Guantanamo is still open, soldiers still in harms way, more being sent there then coming home. Believe me I know I can go on, but I think you get my point.

Then there is Mr. Man Mitt Romney. Oh boy. He is fighting against his own ideas, which were not great mind you, in the health care field. He does not know how to talk to the masses, just his own kind. He does not understand what is dying about this country, that being, a feeling of self worth. He will be a puppet for his party, just like Boehner, and worst of all has zero foreign policy experience, leaving me with a whisp of sarah palin.


Now for my real point. I believe what I just wrote, and it tells me one thing in the end. If you want something done, you gotta do it yourself. We are the backbone of this country, and we are the ones who need to fix what has crippled it. We need to find a way to salvage the housing market, and at the same time get construction going full speed again. We need to take reality shows in a positive direction, leaving a season of losers and train wrecks behind. Focus on positive ideas not how horrible people can be when you take the leash off. Lets get real teachers in schools who care and ditch these filthy bullying jerks in classes. Lets stop sending jobs overseas and reinvest in business here. Lets get off the wall street tit and find more decent sturdy ways to make a buck. Lets be who we know we are. Lets stop letting people get in our way because the have more clout. Remember, the only juice you have is the juice people give you. If we raise the standard we will rise to it. We will believe in ourselves and each other again. We can be strong and at the same time not have a need to flex muscle. Lets take control back from Monsanto, BP, Health insurance, Credit card companies, and wall street. The louder we become the more they will have to listen. We support them. They rise up because we have them on our backs. One at a time we can do it. Take time out to speak your mind. Be bold and find ways to cripple greedy banks.

Lets take back our country. Lets make this stand. It doesn't matter who you vote for, but whoever it is, be sure you are heard. Stop voting because you want the lesser of two evils, vote because you want a better country. Live a life! be proud and strong, not miserable, and fearing. We are the greatest country with the most possibilities! Let's live that way!

No comments: