Thursday, September 6, 2012

THE LOOKING GLASS

I am trying to understand what has happened to cause such a dramatic change in the social climate of the north east u.s. I see young adults more lost and arrogant than I ever remember being. I see many people still with the belief that every competitor deserves a trophy. see many of the rich ignoring social responsibility, and say they earned the right to be that way. I see abuses of children and animals on the rise. I absolutely refuse to believe we have more access. I believe we are degrading as a society. I believe we no longer look in the mirror and face ourselves. I think we have become very comfortable with the walk of shame. I think so many no longer think before they act. I think as a result of that, we are suffering as individuals, as a nation and as a culture. There was a time when people asked for help they could get it. Now it seems like the attitude is; you got yourself in that mess, get yourself out. I already gave to a charity... That s what I see, that there is a loss of humanity in humans here. wonder, did we get this way because we are afraid? Did we forget how to care because it takes too much time? It seems we would choose a lie over facing the truth, if it means you can move forward faster. I grew up in a great town with a great vibe. I feel so lost now, as though I have no choice but to leave that feeling of community, and civic obligation behind, because I have to be on guard all the time. If not, I will be misunderstood, intentionally or not, or I will be forced to be aggressive, and go against who I am. Maybe I will be confronted by some scumbag with an agenda and find myself defending against him because he led to make himself feel good. Maybe will use bad judgement at some point and not be heard as to why. am just lost now, and feel like I need to cut a new path because there is no way back to the path was following. What do know s there are a lot of liars out there, and many types. I see liars out of fear, low self esteem, for greed, arrogance and to protect their egos, liars because they can't bring themselves to admit they were wrong, liars who do t to build themselves up, false promises, people who lie because they think it's the truth and don't want to figure it out. So many people do it to get ahead, at the cost of someone else. Some do it to help, or so they think. I say just stop lying period. Be you, and be proud of you. Mistakes will be made, but also forgiven. f not and you are a bad person, go with that, but be honest about it. I want there to be trust brought back. Replace fighting and anger with it. realize your obligations to your people, leave everyone else alone. Be brave, be quiet, listen, and learn. If you disagree let it be known, but without arrogance, mania, or conceit. The world is better with truth, and ideas become more clear. With this idea the philosophy of helping because you know it's the right thing to do, becomes apparent. With that there is a true sense of community. From there, self worth, wisdom, and your true self manifest. When community becomes more valuable than money, then we have grown. That is not the case now, we are regressing back into voodoo economics, and perverted Darwinism.We carry fear as a kevlar shield. Allister Crowley once said, fear is the source of all false perception. So why are we afraid if we are so powerful? So then, we can not look into the mirror. DO you miss your beauty? Don't you miss the one who knows you best?

No comments: